In this article, I will tell you one trick to turn your chrome browser into a notepad without any extension. Follow the steps given below to use chrome browser as a notepad :
The trick is a code snippet that allows you to convert a normal chrome tab into a notepad. Follow the steps given below to convert a normal tab into a notepad.
- Open the chrome browser.
- Copy and paste the code given below in the search bar of the chrome tab.
data:text/html, <html contenteditable>
- Hit enter after pasting the above code.
- That’s it! You will see a blank screen. You can note down anything there.
Note: You will be lost all the content if you close this tab. So, make sure that you save it before closing the tab. Here are the steps to save the content :
- Once you are done with writing on the chrome notepad, press CTRL+S.
- A windows explorer pop up will get opened. Select the location where you want to save the document.
- Click on the save button.
All your content will be downloaded as an HTML file on your computer. I hope you liked this trick and it’s helpful for you.